Monday, July 25, 2011

Shoe Blues Part II

After deciding that maybe I wasn't a colored shoe bride after all, I switched to looking at ivory shoes. 

One of the first things my MOH (maid of honor) Sister did when I had found my dress was to send me a picture of these:

Caparros Meaghan via Bridalshoes.com
While I thought these were beautiful, I had put them out of my mind since I was stuck on having blue shoes.  I went back to the site to take a look and they were sold out of the 7.5 size.  I signed up to be notified when they were back in stock and went on my way.

After some time on Zappos, I decided to purchase 4 pairs of shoes to take with me to try on the dress one more time before committing to buy. 

Nina Elke via Zappos.com


Me Too Jeanette via Zappos.com


Martinez Valero Zoie via Amazon.com


Rsvp Shanda via 6pm.com

I was a bad blogger and didn't take any pictures when the shoes arrived so I apologize for that.

I had loved the Jeanette and Elke in the blue so I was happy to order them in the lighter colors.  Elke was gorgeous but not at all comfortable.  The heel was a little too high for me and I could tell I wouldn't last long in them.

Jeanette was super comfortable!  I adored these shoes, but the color was all wrong.  They don't come in an ivory so I ordered them in champagne and they are a much deeper color than what the picture shows - almost a mocha color. 

The Zoies were really beautiful and the sparkle on the toe had a snowflake feel to it which I loved.  HOWEVER - the arch on these babies was ridiculous!  It was so steep I couldn't even stand up in them!  My toes just refused to bend that much. 

The Shandas were very comfortable and I really liked the feel and look of them.  They were a smidge too loose but they just didn't do much for me when I put them against the dress. 

Thanks to Zappos' amazing return policy and free shipping, I sent these four on their way back.

There is a happy ending to this tale!  Stay tuned for Part III.

No comments:

Post a Comment