Sunday, July 17, 2011

Meet Virginia

I heard this Train song on the drive to Miss Pamela's.  It must have been fate.

Video via YouTube.com

When we arrived at the shop, they handed me a large book with pictures of all of the dresses available to try on.  While they didn't have any of the dresses I had pictures of, I didn't have any problems finding styles I liked.  MOB saw a dress on a mannequin the minute we walked in that she fell in love with.  It wasn't a style or look I was really going for, but there was no question that I'd try it on to make her happy!

I hadn't started blogging yet at this time so I don't have pics of all the dresses I tried on.  That probably hardly matters as I only tried on seven and had found "the one" by dress number three.

For some reason, no one took a picture of me in the first dress and I don't recall the designer or style number (great story so far eh?!), but my mom cried anyway.  Seeing her first daughter to wed in a gown got to her, and my sister too!  What can I say, we are a family of emotional criers!

The first dress was just nice.  It was a true white and just looked ok against my pale skin.  It had enough sparkle to fit in with the winter theme, but it was only dress #1!  So back in the dressing room I went.

I didn't even come out in the second dress.  It was one of those gowns with a ruffled ribbon skirt.  It looked so fun and flirty in the window, but did nothing for me whatsoever. 

I wanted to wait to try on mom's pick, but because it was ivory and looked very different from the first, I went ahead and tried that on next so we'd have something to contrast against the first dress.  As my helper was lacing me up, I stared at myself in the mirror tipping my head from side to side.  This dress was nice - no, this dress was REALLY nice.  I look good in this dress!  I could feel myself getting a little emotional so I pulled it together and walked out to the platform area.

Tears started flowing pretty quickly after that.  No one really said much at first.  Everyone just stared.  There were 2 other girls in the waiting area as their friend was trying on gowns.  The one said "You look like a princess!"  She was so sweet (even though the princess feel wasn't something I was going for!).  MOB started crying and then I lost it.  I mean it - I lost it big time.  I pictured myself walking down the aisle towards Mr. Ball Cap in this dress and I just busted into tears.

So enough with the crying already!  Let's get to some pics.  Oh and Mr. Ball Cap - I doubt you are reading this, but if you are, you best be on your way!


All gone?  Good.  On with the pics!



Oh and that veil?  Yeah - it comes WITH THE DRESS!  That's right!  This Maggie Sottero gown comes with its very own matching veil!  It has a blusher and the lace and beading detail around the edge is to die for.

I didn't feel right just stopping at this point.  I mean, shopping for your wedding dress should take longer than 20 minutes right? 

I put on a few other dresses in the fitting room and right away, I disliked them or they couldn't hold a candle to the ivory dress.

Danielle via MaggieSottero.com

I tried Daniella on but there was way too much going on with the bust and combined with the halter, it just wasn't working with my chestiness!

There was one other Maggie gown that I really liked:  Brittney.



This dress had everything I originally went looking for in a wedding gown - wrapping around the midsection and beading embellishments on the hip or side.  This dress made me feel kind of hot and sexy, not to mention making my butt look great!  I felt really good in this dress and it was so flattering.  It helped that the sample was my size and fit almost perfectly.  The other Maggie gown was a a tad big so it was hard to see the definition in my waist.

I was stuck between the 2 gowns for about 5 minutes.  I put the other Maggie back on and I knew it was the one.  As much as I loved how I looked in the Brittney, it just didn't make me emotional or move me the way the other dress did. 

The decision was really that easy for me!  Although I was a little sad I didn't get to keep trying on dresses or visit other stores, I was actually relieved the process went so smooth.  This dress doesn't look like any of my inspiration pictures but I know it was meant for me.  Mom really does know best sometimes!

Ladies (and any Gentlemen who may be reading), please Meet Virginia!  (The Maggie Sottero Virginia that is!)


Was finding your wedding dress easy?  Did you know right away it was "the one?"

All personal photos unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment