Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Toast to You

During our registration process at Macy's, I felt that we had to add a set of toasting flutes to our registry.  Of course I wanted to have a special set that we'd use on our wedding day, but all the formal stemware we came across didn't really feel like us.  We did find one set that we both liked and went ahead and scanned it.

Nambe Champagne Flutes via Amazon.com

I thought they were beautiful and the extra long stems made them unique, but I wasn't in love.  Also, the $79 price tag was a little steep, but I knew the quality was top notch.

I forgot about the flute issue for a while until I was going through all of the items I saved as favorites on Etsy. 

Image via Jackglass.com

Like the Bacons, we totally have a soft spot in our hearts for all things mustache.  Mr. Ball Cap even hosted a mustache and turtleneck party a couple of years back that was a huge success!


Oh yeah - don't be jealous of our amazing 'staches!

I showed Mr. BC the champagne flutes and he was totally down.  I promptly deleted the Nambe flutes off our registry and placed a custom order with Jack Glass Studios.

Can you guess what arrived on Thursday????





The flutes are a nice, heavy, thick glass and the etching is flawless.  Jack Glass Studios uses a sandblasting method for the etching so no chemicals are involved.  I had our wedding date added for a more personal touch.

Mr. BC had to test his out, (for quality assurance I'm sure), so he promptly poured a little beer and gave it a test sip.


Perfect!  

Are you using special flutes on your wedding day?

All personal photos unless noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment