Sunday, September 11, 2011

Lighting the Way

This weekend was very busy and productive in wedding planning land.  Mr. Ball Cap and I attended our Pre-Cana class and my MOH, MOB, Bridesmaid K and I spent most of Sunday working on the invitations.  I will share the details of all of these soon, but one other item we were able to fit in was the table numbers. 

I've mentioned many times that Etsy provided a lot of wedding inspiration for me.  During one of my early searches on the site, I came across luminary table numbers.  Mrs. Jaguar fell in love with these as well - she sure does have great taste!

Image via Poppy Seed Station Etsy Shop

I really liked the idea of using luminaries for our table numbers.  Not only would it add a decor element, but it would also add romantic light to the tables.  I've also never seen these in action in any of the weddings I've attended.

Image via Wreathartist Etsy Shop


Image via The Papery Nook Etsy Shop

I preferred the more plain, cleaner designs and they would be a cinch to make!

I wanted to use real candles inside so the first step was to find glass vases to wrap vellum paper around.  Dollar Tree to the rescue!  I love that darn store.  They had the perfect vase and MOB was able to have them order us two cases for a total of 24.  Should our final count come in a little higher than expected, we can just pick up an extra vase or two at the store.


MOB and I then printed out the table numbers onto silver vellum we found at Hobby Lobby.


Next we used special adhesive tape made for vellum (so you wouldn't see it through the paper) and attached the paper to the vases.


MOH is a Colts fan - boo!  Go Bears!
If you look closely, you can spot my mom's dog, Sofie, napping in the background.



With my camera flash, you can really see the sheen of the silver vellum.

We did a test in the dark bathroom to see how they would glow once the candle was lit.


We used a votive during our test but on the actual day, we'll be using large, longer burning tea lights found at IKEA.  That way the entire vase will glow (no shadow at the bottom).

I'm so pleased with these.  They were very inexpensive and really easy to make.  I'm going to check out Hobby Lobby or one of the other craft stores for possible sparkle snowflake decals to add an extra touch.  I really like them as is so if I don't find the perfect thing, I'll pass. 

Another project off the list!  What unique table number ideas have you've seen?

No comments:

Post a Comment