Wednesday, September 28, 2011

One Hot MOB

We have family in the Carolina's, so during a visit back in June, MOB and my Aunt travelled to Bridal Mart in Burlington, North Carolina. MOB was on the hunt for her Mother of the Bride dress.  I was sad that I couldn't be there to shop with her, but I knew she couldn't pass up going to this huge Bridal Mart while she was in the area.

I made my mom and aunt promise that they would text me pictures as mom tried dresses on.  They kept their promise!

Unknown Style

Excuse the picture quality as these are cell phone pictures.  This dress was obviously way too big on MOB and I wasn't crazy about the style of it either.  Thankfully she didn't like it as well!

Mary's Modern Maids Collection M1045

I liked this dress on MOB and thought it was flattering on her.  The color was pretty awful but that could be changed.  The downside to this was the removable jacket.  Mom didn't really want bare arms for the wedding and she was worried about getting too hot in the jacket or having to fuss with it.


Jordan's Caterina Style #9028

This was by far my mom's favorite and the sample just so happened to be in navy.  She told me she tried on some other dresses in silver and the color washed her out too much.  She was hoping to wear navy and loved that she got to see this dress in that color on her.  I liked this on her but the cell phone picture wasn't doing it justice.  I trusted her judgement and knew she'd be much more comfortable in this dress as it had attached lace sleeves. 


MOB placed the order for the Caterina dress that same day and was thrilled that she found something so quickly.

Fast forward 3 months and MOB hadn't heard anything about the dress.  Bridal Mart was to ship it to her when it came in.  She called the store and the dress had been sitting there for a couple of weeks!  Grrrr.  They sent it out right away and we assumed that would be the only hiccup.  You know what assuming does!

MOB called me upset and frustrated.  When she pulled the dress out, the lace looked green and didn't appear to match the body of the dress!  She tried it on and it was a perfect fit and she said it looked so flattering on her.  I felt so bad because I knew she loved this dress, but why on earth did the lace not match?  She called the store and they offered to send the dress to the manufacturer to have the lace replaced.  MOB went a step further and called Jordan directly.  She was worried that fixing the dress would take too long and it wouldn't be ready in time.  Jordan told her the dress was discontinued in August and they had no more material to fix it! 

MOB was heartbroken.  She took the dress with her to work the next day and tried it on for her co-workers.  They all loved it!  And guess what - they didn't think the lace was green at all and looked just fine!  What? What? What?  What the heck is going on here?  Well, MOB was in her home office when she first looked at the dress and the lights in that room are funky.  That, along with stress and exhaustion from ailing grandparents, caused my poor mother to not see things clearly.

I told her to stop stressing and I'd come over and be the final judge on the dress.  You know what?  She looks phenomenal.  The lace matches perfectly.  We have one smokin' MOB on our hands!



Did you get to shop with your mom for her dress or did she find something on her own? 

No comments:

Post a Comment