Sunday, September 4, 2011

Maids in Navy

Several weeks after the first bridesmaid dress excursion, MOB, MOH and Bridesmaid S met up in South Bend, IN at a bridal salon to try on more styles.  I wasn't able to make the trip out there as it was during tax season and I was slightly busy. :)

The ladies did an amazing job at taking lots and lots of pictures and calling me with questions and opinions on what they liked best.  I wanted my girls to be comfortable and like what they would be wearing so I was happy for the feedback. 

Warning:  Picture heavy post ahead!  Because I wasn't there, I don't have style numbers for many of the gowns and I apologize for that.

B2 #B2078

Nice socks!


Belsoie L3073

Jordan #845

I liked the fit of this white dress and thought it was very pretty, but not for a winter wedding.  It felt more summery to me.

Alfred Angelo #7141





Alfred Angelo #7131

There were plus and minuses about all of these.  I think the red dress looks great on my sister, but again, the material and softness of the gown didn't feel right for our season. 

Hmmm - that looks really nice.  It is flattering, makes MOH's waist look small, and it has a more formal feel to it.  I like it - can I see more please?



A brooch on the right hip would look really nice!  What about the back?


It has a little train?!  I'm really liking this.  But what about a color?

I am so happy to say that I got over my brain fart and settled on navy for the dresses.  Trying to find the right shade of silver or gray was becoming a huge struggle and I really wanted navy anyway.  So the final bridesmaid dress is:


MOH and Bridesmaid S really loved the fit and the feel of this dress.  It comes with optional straps so any of the girls are more than welcome to utilize those to feel more comfortable and secure.  Adding the snowflake sparkle brooches I've picked up for them on the right hip of the dress is really going to make the overall look really pop and fit in perfectly with the festive season.

Two trips to find the right dress was much faster than I expected - and I wasn't even there!  I did run to a local salon that carried a sample in stock just so I could see it and the color swatch in person.  We ordered all dresses (mine included) from one salon and the girls saved 20% off their dresses - score!  This brought the cost under the $150 limit I wanted to stay under.  I have never had to spend more than $150 for a bridesmaid dress and I didn't want to ask my girls to do that either. 

I understand this isn't exactly a style that can be worn easily again after the wedding.  More than likely, none of the girls will unless someone has a really formal event to attend.  Everyone was ok with this and we all agreed it was the right dress for the Sunhats' wedding.


Bridesmaid S's daughter getting in on the modeling action!

How many different salons did it take to find the right dress?  Can your ladies really wear them again?

All personal photos unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment