Sunday, September 4, 2011

Dressin' My Maids

When it was time to look at bridesmaid dresses, my MOH, Bridesmaid S and Bridesmaid K joined me and MOB at a shop near my house.  We had an appointment, but when we walked in the door, there was no one around!  We waited a few minutes and hollered out a hello or two but still no one.  We finally had to walk to the back of the store to find the associate.  This rough start made me a little nervous but I was determined to have a good experience and have fun! 

I told the associate we were looking for floor length dresses for a winter wedding and were looking for options in silver, pewter or charcoal colors.  She directed us to the right area of the shop and let us look at our leisure. 

The girls knew I really liked dresses that had a brooch or beading embellishment - something to make them stand out and have a wintery feel.  Other than that, I was pretty open to styles and suggestions.

Bridesmaid S in Belsoie #L1069

MOH in Mary's #S11 M1040

Bridesmaid S in a Jasmine (I think)

We liked elements of each of these dresses and could easily add a brooch to the first or third.  The second dress was nice but the material was just way too shiny.  

Bridesmaid K (dress style unknown)

This dress looked too matronly for our taste.

We decided we like the first and third dresses the best.  They had optional straps which are definitely needed as some of my ladies are quite chesty!  There was one major problem - the colors available for these dresses just weren't doing it for me.  I had originally decided to go with silver gowns for the girls rather than navy.  Poor decision on my part!  The silvers were really pale and I was worried they would look washed out next to my ivory gown.  I was hoping for a richer, deeper silver / gray and that just wasn't available in these styles.

Although we didn't find a winner on the first outing, we did have a great time!

MOH, Me, Bridesmaid K and Bridesmaid S

Did your dress colors change once you started shopping and saw what was available in bridal land?

All personal photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment