Monday, September 26, 2011

How Charming!

Like many bees before me, I too wanted to honor my Weddingbee moniker on our wedding day.  Mrs. Snow Cone's charm is what really cemented the decision that I just had to have a little sunhat charm of my very own.  And I still can't get over Miss Funnel Cake's amazing talent.  I would have never thought to try and make my own!

I followed in some very smart footsteps and checked out Etsy.  A search for 'Sunhat Charm' resulted in this:
Image via MixnMatchSupplies Etsy Shop

Eh - a Red Hat Society charm?  No way.  Not ever.  I have an irrational fear of this group of women.  Call me crazy, but a gaggle of ladies wearing awful mismatched outfits traveling in packs makes me feel pretty uneasy.  Anywho . . .

I switched to searching for 'hat charm' and found cowboy hats, witch hats, top hats and a few sunhats. 
Image via MouMouAlwaysSmile Etsy Shop

This was getting closer but I wanted to capture the fun, colorful, playful nature of my sunhat moniker.  I searched around for clay charms and visited many of the sellers other bees had used, but most sellers made charms of food.  Looks like a custom order was in store for me, but I needed to find the right artist. 

After looking at tons of clay charms on Etsy for what seemed like hours, I kept coming back to The Color Clay.  The colors were so vibrant and fun and the prices were fantastic!  I sent a message to the shop along with a picture of my moniker and heard back within an hour that they could definitely make a sunhat for me.  And the cost?  $4.89 including shipping!

My charm arrived within a week.




Isn't it adorable?!  I love it so much and it makes me smile just to look at it.  It makes me think of the Hive and all of the wonderful people I've met and shared stories with.  I'm pretty sure I'll be tying the charm to my bouquet, that way it will be nice and close to me on the day.  If I'm feeling nervous, I hope one look will calm me and bring me back to center.

The Color Clay even threw in some fun freebies!


Those little hamburgers are super cute.  I wonder if I'd have an occasion to wear them as earrings.  I'll have to use them for something!

So thank you fellow bees for inspiring me and allowing me to join in on the moniker charm tradition!

Personal photos unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment