Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Please Leaf Your Thumbprint

Making the guestbook decision was quick and easy.  I ran a "winter wedding" search on Etsy and found this:

I thought it was perfect and Mr. Ball Cap really liked it too.  At the time, I had never seen a thumbprint tree guestbook before.  I liked the uniqueness of it and that we'd be able to hang it in our home to remind us of those loved ones who attended our day. 

Inevitably, after I placed our order, I started seeing similar guestbooks pop up all over the Web.  Turns out, I hadn't found such a unique idea after all!  But this happens to us all doesn't it?  It doesn't take long for one great, unique idea to spread like wildfire amongst the wedding planning community.  The lovely Mrs. Elephant discusses this very guestbook issue here

I have to admit I was a little sad at first when I realized that so many people already knew of the guestbook tree.  But then again, I actually hadn't seen it until my search on Etsy.  I've never been to a wedding where they have used this particular style of guestbook, and I'm betting most of my guests haven't either.  When you immerse yourself in wedding planning, it can seem like everyone has the same ideas.  You just have to keep reminding yourself that your guests aren't in wedding planning mode 24/7 like you are and more than likely won't have seen many, if not most, of your fabulous ideas and surprises.

So thankfully I didn't doubt my decision for very long.  And when our guestbook arrived in the mail, I couldn't have been more thrilled!!

Personal Photo

I'm looking forward to seeing all of our guests' thumbprints and signatures.  We will have to test out various pens to see which one will work best and not smear.  The seller provided two white ink pads along with a display sign asking our guests to please "leaf" their thumbprints.  For a frame, and nicer presentation, I went to IKEA and purchased the Virserum frame.

Personal Photo

At about $26, it will do the trick!

So what "unique" idea do you have for your guestbook?


No comments:

Post a Comment