Saturday, August 13, 2011

No Mad Hatter Here!

Hello Hive!  Miss Sunhat here and I think I'm still in shock that I'm really a bee now!  I can't tell you how excited and honored I am to be blogging for the hive.  I found the e-mail at about 1 AM after getting home from a concert (Stone Temple Pilots yeah!) and couldn't sleep for hours!  I've been reading Weddingbee for about a year and a half now and when the tea party generation of icons came out, I knew the sunhat was just the icon for me!

Why a sunhat?  Well I love hats - really love hats.  Like I was waiting for my invite to the royal wedding so I could rock the hell out of an amazing hat.  The bigger the brim, the more I love the hat.  I may not have gone this route:
Image via TruthQuake.com

But something like this would have been so fun and lovely to wear:

In all honesty, I don't own too many hats only because the occasion rarely calls for good one, but maybe I can change that.  The Mr. isn't exactly a sunhat kind of guy, but he typically never leaves the house without a ball cap on, so from here on out I dub him Mr. Ballcap! 

So who are these crazy hat people?

See - hats!
(A goofy DIY pic at a recent trip to Brookfield Zoo - it was hot!)


Another hat! And another, more flattering, personal shot.

Mr. Ballcap is still trying to catch on to all this 'bee' talk and I probably didn't explain too well as I was screaming and jumping around in the wee hours of the morning!  I'm a tax accountant with many typical Type A personality traits and he is a cool, laid back Landscape Foreman who is great at keeping my obsessive tendencies in check.

We are big sports fans and cheer on our beloved Chicago Bears together, however, when it comes to baseball, he is a Cub and I am a White Sox.  We share our home with our fur baby, Wrigley.  Mr. Ballcap got Wrigley about a year before we met so there wasn't much I could do about her name - I've gotten used to it! 

Wrigley mean-muggin the camera (Personal Photo)

The Hats met online three years ago.  I've always dreamed of a winter wedding, so after our engagement, we checked the calendar and noticed New Year's Eve, 2011 was on a Saturday.  It was clear that was the perfect date! 

We are planning a traditional wedding with modern touches and Polish traditions thrown in to honor our heritage.  We can't wait to party all night long with 300 of our closest family and friends and ring in the new year as husband and wife!

Hive - I'm so looking forward to sharing this journey with you all.  There will be lots of DIY successes and miss-steps along the way but we are determined to make our wedding a night we and our guests will never forget!  

NYE 2009 (Personal Photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment