Thursday, August 25, 2011

Dancing with My Father

The father/daughter dance is something I'm really looking forward to.  My father is an amazing man and has always been there for his daughters.  He is the smartest, hardest working man I know and I am so honored to have him walk me down the aisle on my wedding day.

When Butterfly Kisses came out all those years ago, I thought for sure it was what dad and I would be dancing to.


While this is still a lovely song, I don't feel it is the right one anymore. 

I wanted my dad to have the final word on the matter, so I sent him an e-mail asking him to think about some choices and included links to a few of my favorites.  I even gave him the option of telling me his choice or keeping it to himself until the big day. 

Some of my faves:

Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole



My Little Girl by Tim McGraw


This song has always stuck with me since the first listen.  Even at 32, I still feel like my dad's little girl!

And the song I secretly hope dad chooses, Walk With You by Edwin McCain



I can't make it 30 seconds into this song without losing it.  I love everything about it.

My parents adore Mr. Ball Cap and he and my dad have become quite close.  I know my dad thinks of him as the son he never had.  My only worry is that by choosing this song, I'm guaranteed to be a blubbery mess the entire time!  It will be so worth it.

Are you having a father/daughter dance?  If so, did you choose the song or let dad decide?

No comments:

Post a Comment