Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Made in the Shade: Puttin' on the Dress

It was finally time for me to get dressed.  I was so excited to put on my gown.  My emotions were bubbling to the surface and I didn't want to hold back a single tear.


MOB so full of joy.


A better shot of my hair!


Gotta hold them girls up!


MOB lacing up my dress

As I was dressing, my soon-to-be niece, Jr. Bridesmaid H, arrived.  She looked so grown up!  Seeing her and holding her hand pushed me over the edge and I cried my first happy tears of the day.



I had spent a lot of time choosing my jewelry and was thrilled how it really complimented the overall look.



MOB fighting back tears.


Starting to cry again.


And I lost it.

My maternal grandmother couldn't be with us on this occassion.  Alzheimer's has taken its toll and she was all we could think about as my mom clasped grandma's pearls around my neck.


My Aunt from South Carolina lending a hand.




Can't forget the shoes!

I was all ready and MOB quickly slipped on her gown.  The party bus had pulled up out front and neighbors were peeking out their windows.  It was time to get me to the church!

Up Next:  Sharp Dressed Men

Images by Stephen Martin Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment