Thursday, June 21, 2012

Sunhats at Secrets: We Feast

I think I was stuffed for at least the first three days of our honeymoon.  There was so much food! 

We started out each morning at the large breakfast buffet.  They had EVERYTHING.  You could choose from traditional fare like eggs, bacon, bagels, and cereal or feast on chorizo tacos or fresh smoothies made to order.  Want to get the party started early?  Help yourself to the mimosa and bloody mary bar!

For lunch, there was always the option of another buffet, or several outdoor grills, including the seafood restaurant, Oceana.


The menus were huge!

For dinner, there was something to satisfy any taste or craving.  Cuisine included Mexican, Italian, French, Mediterranean, Asian, Steak, Seafood, or a Continental buffet.  I had read great reviews on the French restaurant and they were right!


Dressed up for dinner - my hair didn't stand a chance in the humidity.


The chairs were so beautiful and unique!



Pear salad with goat cheese and champagne dressing


Duck Pate


Grilled chicken with linguine - the noodles were perfectly doughy and SO good


My first macaroon!  I know - why did I wait so long?


Mr. Ball Cap's cheesecake

The portions were perfectly sized.  We also split a bottle of wine which is something Mr. BC has never done (he's typically a beer man).  It was such an enjoyable evening!

We had another great night at the Asian Himatsu grill, and while it was a lot of fun and super yummy, it wasn't much different than our favorite place here at home.

Our favorite dining experience, by far, was El Patio, the Mexican restaurant.  It was beautiful, the food was amazing, and the service and entertainment capped off a perfect evening.




Mr. BC couldn't take a clear picture of me to save his life!

We ordered a bottle of wine (I'll turn him into a Wino yet!) and a special appetizer for the night.  Our waiter, Geraldo, made the fondu tableside and put on quite a show.



Mr. BC looks a little scared here!


This was WAY too much for two people, but oh so good.

The cheese was so delicious and the chicken and sausage created a perfect balance of flavors.  It was served with flour tortillas and a variety of salsas.  Mr. BC ordered a separate entree but I knew there was no way I'd be able to eat another dish, so I requested more tortillas and a side of guacamole and continued to nibble on the fondu. 

Shortly into dinner service, a mariachi band started playing.  They were the best we had ever heard!

This picture makes me laugh so hard!


A super fun group of guys.


Chocolate souffle with vanilla cream

Not only was the food at the resort oh so good, but the non-stop drink service was something a girl could get used to!  I couldn't stop drinking pina coladas!

Needless to say, my pre-wedding diet was the furthest thing from my mind.  We did notice, however, that if you wanted to remain health conscious, you could easily do so.  There was never a shortage of healthy food and drink options which we thought was wonderful.

Up Next: Excursion Adventure


No comments:

Post a Comment