Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Three Shoe Bride?

Unlike a certain "celebrity" who chose to wear three different dresses on her wedding day, (only to file for divorce 72 days later), I will NOT be wearing more than one gown.  However, I will be wearing three different shoes.  Yes, good people of the hive, I am a three shoe bride.

Aside from the first step of admitting I may have a problem, this wasn't something I planned out.  You have already stuck with me through three posts on my ceremony shoes - One, Two, and Three, and a post or two on my sparkly Ugg boots.  So what in the world would entice me to look for a third pair?

Dancing.  That's right - gettin' down, shakin' your groove thang, show me what you're workin' with - dancing.  I love to dance and plan on bustin' a move with the best of them at my reception. 

As I was going through the timeline of our day last week, I realized we needed to pull together an amazing song list for our DJ that would keep the dance floor jumping all night.  That got me thinking that maybe the Uggs weren't the best choice for moving freely about the dance floor.  While they will keep my tootsies toasty warm commuting to and from locations and will look amazing in some outdoor pictures, I think they may hinder my running man skills on the dance floor.

Zappos is my go to place when I get the shoe shopping urge.  Their 365 day return policy just can't be beat.  I ordered the Astrella flats by Romantic Soles in pewter.


Image via Zappos.com




While super cute in person, the fit did not feel right.  They felt too big.  I'm a true 7.5 so I was a little surprised.  I checked the box and it said 7.5.  I checked the sole, and the sticker showed a 7.5.  But wait, what is that under the sticker?



You can barely see it, but circled in yellow and imprinted in the sole is the number 8.  Someone was trying to pull a fast one on me!

I got back on Zappos to print my return label and to look around some more.  Maybe they had something even cuter - and you know what?  They did!

Meet my third, and final (I promise!), wedding shoe - Lilium by Me Too.


I'm a colored shoe bride after all!  The reviews on these flats were excellent and the comments said they were quite comfortable.  The pearls on the toes are what really did it for me.  The reviews were right and they are super comfortable and I will have no problem cutting a rug with the help of these adorable flats.

So, am I a total nut job for having three shoes for one event?  Maybe, but what other occasion could you get away with it?!

Are you a three shoe bride?  Four shoe??

No comments:

Post a Comment