Tuesday, November 8, 2011

NYE Boutonnieres

One of my very first posts was on New Year's Eve inspiration, and in that post, I shared this photo:


I finally got my butt in gear and started the boutonnieres using this picture as a reference.  Now that the stores are already filling their shelves with Christmas items and Macy's on State in Chicago is cranking out the Christmas tunes, it is much easier to find holiday appropriate items.  MOB recently found a bag of blowouts in colors that would match the wedding.



We won't use the blowouts with the gold streamers but the silver and black will work just fine.  We'll save any leftovers to pass out to our guests as it gets closer to midnight (along with other fun goodies!).

I didn't like the plain, plastic bottoms so I looked for some ribbon to cover that part up.  WalMart's Christmas aisle provided the solution!


I used Zots glue dots and wrapped ribbon around the bottom portion of the blowout.  After securing the ribbon, I hot glued a silver pin back (found at Jo-Ann's) to the back.  I may have burned the 'F' out of my thumb during this process.  That hot glue is sneaky!  I also trimmed the streamers some as they were a little long and out of control.



I tested out a couple of different ribbons to see what options and looks we had available. 


The first one with the white ribbon would be perfect for the groom.

The second, with a silver, sparkle ribbon could work well for the best man.


The third, plain silver ribbon could be for the remaining groomsmen and the ushers.


And finally, I used a blowout with black streamers and a darker silver, sparkle ribbon for the dads.


I thought they turned out great!  So easy and inexpensive.  But how do they look on?  I apologize for the ridiculous shots ahead!



Yes - my Christmas decorations are already out.  Now before you judge, please know I never have them out this early!  With the wedding coming up so soon, I was worried that if I didn't put them out when I put away the Halloween stuff, the house may never get decorated.  I didn't put the tree up so I am saving something!

Mr. Ball Cap wasn't home when I cranked these out so I didn't get a picture of him wearing one but I can't wait to show him!

So what do you think?  Now that you know what the men will be wearing, (from yesterday's post), do you like the ribbon / color combinations for the various bridal party members?  Do you have a different suggestion?  The only one to give me pause is the blowout for the dads.  How about a poll to help me decide?

What combination would look best for the dads?

Option A:  Black blowout with dark, silver sparkle ribbon (as pictured).

Option B:  Black blowout with black ribbon.

Option C:  Black blowout with white ribbon.

Option D:  Other (please describe!)

No comments:

Post a Comment