Monday, December 5, 2011

Weight Loss and the Dress

Hi Hive!  Sorry I haven't been around as much lately.  With less than a month to go, things are getting pretty crazy.  I have a lot to share with you, especially since I was able to cram a dress fitting, makeup trial and my bachelorette party all in this past Saturday.  Today, I wanted to update you on my weight loss journey and show you the results of my first dress fitting!

I shared my weight history with you here and how I came to start the Ideal Protein program.  It has now been a little over 9 weeks and I am proud to say I have lost 31 pounds and 18.75 inches!  I still can't believe how well the program has worked for me and how much success I've had.  I had hoped going into this that I could maybe lose 30 pounds before the wedding.  Looks like I could have set a higher goal for myself!

With this weight loss came the all important question - how will my dress fit now?  If you recall, I ordered a size down in my dress not knowing there was a 3 inch difference in the dress maker's sizing.  When my dress first came in - it didn't fit - not by a long shot.  My first appointment was on Saturday and I am not sure it could have gone any better!!

DRESS PICTURES AHEAD!!  NO LOOKING IF YOU ARE MR. BALL CAP OR MY DAD!!

The dress slipped over my hips with ease and after it was all laced up in the back, I turned around to see that I actually had a waist again!  In fact, the dress almost laces up too much as there is barely an inch of the lacing still showing in the corset back.  It is too big in the bust area and I definitely need to shop for a smaller bra than the one I thought I would be wearing.  Once I have the right bra and the seamstress steams out all the wrinkles, we will see how much needs to be taken in.

I had to do a side by side comparison of when I originally tried on my dress (in a larger size) and how it looks today.


My neck and arms have really gone down and I look a lot less puffy and bloated than before. 

You'll have to excuse the lack of makeup as I was on my way to my makeup trial after this appointment!

Another bonus is that with my ceremony shoes on, we don't think we'll have to do any hemming!  We'll confirm that later this week when I go back with a better bra.  My seamstress is going to steam out the under layers and poof everything out to see how the skirt will actually hang.  So glad we asked about ordering a petite length!

You can barely see my jewelry in the second picture.  I will have to show you my pieces in better detail.  I will also be wearing a string of pearls, but they haven't come back from the jewelers as they are being re-strung to the proper length.

The end of the wedding will not be the end of my weight loss journey.  I would still like to lose another 48 pounds and then re-evaluate things from there.  Not only am I improving my healthy, but my overall attitude has been much more positive.  I've had more than one person tell me I have been so much happier since I made this commitment to take better care of myself. 

I really don't have the perfect before and current pictures to show other than those in my dress, but I did find a picture of myself at my heaviest and then placed a picture from this weekend next to it.  I'm pretty embarrassed to post this before picture here, but it serves as a reminder to myself that I cannot take my health for granted and to never allow things to get this out of control again.

The Before is obviously on the right!
(And sneak peak of my party from this weekend on the left!)

I still struggle with my weight and food every day, but in these 9 weeks, I have learned SO much about myself and how I view and handle my relationship with food.  I guess I really needed to have that moment where the switch flipped on for me and I had to make a big change in my life.  That switch for me was definitely putting on my dress only to find it wasn't close to fitting properly. 

Mr. Ball Cap has lost 25 pounds and is maintaining it beautifully.  We are happier as a couple and our confidence is really shining through.  We are looking forward to the 31st more than ever before.

Were you happy with your first dress fitting? 

No comments:

Post a Comment