Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Circle of Love

Six to five months before our engagement, Mr. Ball Cap and I decided we should probably visit a jewelry store to educate ourselves about engagement rings and the styles we liked.  We knew our first stop had to be Albert's Diamond Jewelers.

Albert's has been in business serving Northwest Indiana for over 100 years.  Also, their local commercials crack us up!  As soon as you walk in the door, they make you feel right at home and you aren't pressured or hounded to buy.  Our consultant, Emery, was awesome.  I gave him an idea of what I liked and didn't like in rings and he was great at steering us towards different styles based on our reactions to what he showed us.

My only firm criteria was that I wanted silver vs. gold and I disliked heart-shaped diamonds.  I tended to favor a little more vintage look and didn't want a super thin band.  I got to try on a lot of different styles and I was surprised at how opinionated Mr. BC was about things! 

After we left, we both felt there was no need to visit anywhere else.  I told Mr. Ball Cap he was on his own from here on out and I wanted the final choice to be all his.

Ladies, he couldn't have done a better job!




It is white gold with a round center diamond flanked by two princess cut diamonds and three channel set princess cut diamonds on either side.  He even scored the wedding band with matching channel set stones.  I never thought I could love a piece of jewelry so much!

Recently, we went and picked out his ring.  We ended up with a Cobalt band in a satin finish.  I thought it was the sexiest thing I had ever seen him wear when he tried it on.  That simple band represents so much and it all sort of hit me to see it on his hand.




I attempted a few artsy ring shots - please don't laugh!




Did you let your partner make the final decision on your engagement ring or did you want complete control?

No comments:

Post a Comment