Thursday, June 30, 2011

New Year's Eve-spiration

Holding our wedding on New Year's Eve wasn't something I had ever thought of prior to our engagement.  I knew that I wanted a winter wedding, so once we looked at the calendar and saw that NYE fell on a Saturday, a light bulb went off.  Why not ring in the new year with my new husband surrounded by all the people we love?!

I have never been to a New Year's Eve wedding so I needed some inspiration.  We wanted the overall feel of the night to be celebratory, but with a warm, cozy winter atmosphere. 

I wasn't too hopeful that I would find much inspiration - but I was wrong wrong wrong!


Take the time to follow the link and browse through the photos of this wedding.  It is all together gorgeous but that clock struck a chord with me.  What a perfect personlized item to remember the night!  I am currently on the hunt for a similar clock that I can take apart and use my Silhouette machine to print our names and date on adhesive backed vinyl.


I may have shrieked with glee when I came across this boutonniere from a Style Me Pretty NYE inspiration shoot.  It's too perfect!  We are hoping to save money on flowers where we can and this is a perfect DIY project and will cost pennies!  Not to mention it's the perfect nod to the NYE celebrations to come later in the evening.




The tablescape is adorable!  From the gold chargers to the clock plates, it really ties together the theme of the night.  While gold is not a color we'll be accenting with, the mini clocks are a perfect touch to the table design.  This is one element that had not crossed my mind.  But hello champagne!  It goes without saying that a champagne toast at midnight is a must have and has been on our list from the start.  The sugar crystals add an extra special touch.


Image via CachicDesign.com / Photo by Mike Colon

Gorgeous masks!  Not only are they beautiful (and let's be honest - how many times can you get away with wearing them?) but they could make excellent photo booth props!

It thrills me that there is a wealth of inspiration out there.  Was finding inspiration easier than you thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment