Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Airbrushed Makeup Trial

In between my first dress fitting and bachelorette party, (which I'll post about next!), this past Saturday, I was able to squeeze in my makeup trial.

I wear makeup everyday so I'm not afraid of going for a more dramatic look for the wedding.  Bare Minerals is my current choice for foundation and concealer, but thanks to you smart and informed peoples here on the Hive, I learned that this type of makeup does not photograph well.  Apparently it reflects the light and can make you look like a grease face.  Yeah - that doesn't sound very bridal to me!

After learning this tid bit of info, I knew airbrush was the direction I wanted to go.  I've never worn airbrush makeup, but my FSIL did for her wedding and she looked radiant. 

My makeup artist, Anjelica, asked that I bring pictures of makeup looks that I liked.  Pinterest to the rescue again!





I love a strong eye with soft cheeks and lips.  I needed the look to be appropriate for our ceremony, but transition well to our festive reception.

So here is my horrific before photo, sans makeup:

What a vacant expression!!

And the after:



These really are 3 separate photos - MOB just kept zooming out more and more.

I LOVE the eyes.  She applied partial false eyelashes just on the outside corners.  The eyeliner is black but the darker eye color is like a smoky gray / navy.  I wasn't crazy how the lip color lasted but she will be giving me a tube of it for touch ups on the wedding day.  She also will give me some blotting papers.  I get oily pretty quick so that will come in handy.

This makeup is supposed to be high definition and should photograph (by a professional) very well.  As long as I can keep the oil and shine in check, I'll be a happy girl.

Have you worn airbrushed makeup before?  Did you love how it photographed?





No comments:

Post a Comment